Friday, April 25, 2008

Mother's Act

Dear Friends,

I usually reserve this blog for personal stories and rarely deviate from that form. However, in light of my recent posts about my struggles with PPD, I feel comfortable sharing this information with you about the petition in support of the Mother's Act, also known as the Melanie Blocker Stokes Act.

The bill is designed to promote more Postpartum Depression research and provide additional services for those struggling with Postpartum/Perinatal Mood Disorders.

To read the bill in its entirety, click here. For additional information and updates about the bill and PPD progress, visit Katherine Stone's Blog Postpartum Progress.

Below are some organizations that support the Mother's Act.

O.K. No more PSA's, I promise. I'll be posting some heartfelt stories soon.
  • Postpartum Support International
  • Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses
  • American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
  • Children's Defense Fund
  • March of Dimes
  • American College of Nurse Midwives
  • Suicide Prevention Action Network USA
  • Mental Health America
  • Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
  • National Alliance on Mental Illness
  • National Women's Law Center
  • National Partnership for Women & Families
  • National Council for Community Behavioral Healthcare
  • Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs
  • American Psychological Association
  • American Psychiatric Association
  • Postpartum Resource Center of New York




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this. As someone who experienced a very difficult case of PPD, I know how hard it is to reach out for help.

I added you to my blogroll. It is ordered by how recently you posted, so at this exact moment you are at the top of the list!

Natalie said...

PPD is so real. I did not experience it after my delivery however a dear friend of mine did. It is not something to take lightly. Thanks for making various reading material available for those who are experiencing it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...