Thursday, June 4, 2009

Pressure Washing - Guest Post

(Today I welcome the lovely Dee-Dee Warren from the blog, DeeDee's: I Have no Greater Joy. Her post below is an excellent example of how a little bit of sin can add up to a whole lot of ugly.)

Pressure Washing

My husband and son have recently pressured-washed our home. It is a white vinyl house with green shudders. Because of the water-restrictions in our city for the last year and half (or so), and because we needed to clean it before the restrictions, the white house was GREEN. I forgot to take pictures. That probably is a good thing. I do not think I really would want proof of how bad it looked.


But can I just tell you how good it looks now? Clean. White. Fresh. Washed.


So, how did they clean it? First, they used bleach. Lots of it. Then they used the pressure-washers to wash off all of the mold/mildew/green stuff. On one side of our house, it is actually three stories high. The son climbed that ladder. He is a trooper and has no fear. It was good that I was not home that day. I am not sure I could have watched him on that high ladder, OR the husband on the roof of the front porch washing the front of the house. They did such a good job. Bleach, high pressure with water, and lots of hard work. Wonderful results.


So, how does it get there? How does it get that bad? Negligence. Just a little bit at a time. Over an extended period of time. Not really noticeable for a while. And then all of a sudden – it is real bad. Really obvious.


Just like we are.


Little sins are usually not very noticeable. And then one day you see the results. How did it get this bad? Just a little “yes” that should have been a “no” – one at a time – over an extended period of time. All of a sudden it is a REAL problem.


Now, it (our sin) is easier to take care of on an on-going basis. But I am afraid that does not always happen. And if neglected – then it is time for a ‘pressure-washing’ of our own.


Apply the Word. Lots of it. Dive in and stay there till you have answers. Acknowledge the sin for what it is. Then allow the power of the Holy Spirit to help you cleanse the whole being.


"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." (Ps 139:23-24)


"If we confess our sins, He is faithful to forgive our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (I John 1:9)


"Come now, and let us reason together, saith Jehovah: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. " (Isaiah 1:18)


Confession is good for the soul.


Cleansing is good. For the outside of a home. For the inside of the soul.

Blessings,
DeeDee




6 comments:

DeeDee said...

Thanks for the opportunity to have a guest post with you today... I have linked to your blog from mine today.
Sweet Blessings to you!

He & Me + 3 said...

Great post DeeDee. I totally see the relations...but never thought of it like that. I love how God reveals things in our daily lives to teach us principles from His word.
Thanks for sharing.

Beth Herring said...

Wonderful word for the Lord. I enjoyed this today.

christy rose said...

DeeDee,
Great Post! I always love reading what you write from the Lord. It is always heartwarming!
Christy

Ronel said...

What an awesome post!! When I miss my morning quiet time and rush about my day I fall into sin all day long and I feel drained and exhausted at the end of the day... I sometimes have to force myself to get into the word yet it is so worth it because my foundation for the day is in the word.

CulyQFun said...

Wow, that was a good post!! I liked it a lot.

Thanks for letting her guest post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...