Thursday, December 18, 2008

Just for the Record

If you have not yet read this post, you may want to do so before continuing to read this one ...otherwise you may furrow your nicely tweezed eyebrows out of confusion.

I received many comments on the aforementioned post that led me to this decision/promise. For the record (so you have it in writing)...

I, Angela from Becoming Me, will never stop "following" a blog unless...

1) A blog has not been updated for 3 months or has been canceled.
2) A blog changes in nature and prints hateful/mean-spirited posts
3) A blog makes fun of Jesus

Now, by following I mean I will keep my face on your side bar (If you really want it there). Unfortunately, I do not have any superhuman powers. That fact alone makes it impossible for me to write daily...even weekly...even monthly comments on every blog I follow.

I came to this decision after reading how many of you have had your feelings hurt when someone "dropped" your blog. I learned that even bloggers with larger readership numbers also feel a sting when someone stops following.

Please know that even if you stop following my blog...or choose to never follow my blog, that will not provoke me into taking my lovely mug off your list. I promise...cross my heart. Becoming Me is now devoted to guilt-free reading. Imagine a genuine smile here. If for any reason you click on the "stop following button,"I'm just going to assume (unless you send me an e-mail and tell me otherwise) that you dropped because your reading load got too heavy and someone had to go. I can live with that.

Lastly, I sincerely wish I could list myself as a reader on the blog of every person who reads Becoming Me...but...blogger has limits (However, you may see my picture listed as Mrs. N from my personal blog)...gotta love a good loop hole.

Please know, I feel a bit dorky for writing all this...but I could not get over how many of you identified with my emotional blog crisis of 08. However, I feel strangely healthier at the same time...and I will not be posting about this subject again. Yet another big smile.




13 comments:

Ronel said...

Keep up the good work and don't over extend yourself... believe me your loyal readers completely understand and feel your pain.

Marry Christmas!!

Mocha with Linda said...

Oh, I so get this and the last post. Love how you are handling it.

When will we all get out of junior high?! LOL

Well-said, my friend!

(I'm reminded of I Corinthians 1 when Paul addresses the folks who were divided saying: "I follow Paul! I follow Apollos! I follow Peter! I follow Christ!" Then Paul says "Therefore, as it is written: 'Let him who boasts boast in the Lord.'")

Kerri said...

Hey! (said with a big smile) How'd you know my eyebrows needed plucking tonight? Good thing I wasn't confused and totally understand your heart on this one. Off to pluck...

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

You know if it all just doesn't come natural then it isn't fun any more. Know what I mean? I used to worry about if people will "like" what I write but I write what's fun for me.
Hugs to you!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I so apprecited this and the related post. ;) Yes, I think it is some thing all bloggers encounter a time or two - or more... :)
I can greatly relate. It becomes so crazy some times. Who's blogs to read, feeling obligated to read some, keeping up with your own "stats". I have been praying alot about keeping it Christ focused. It can be dificult a times.
I want you to know - even though I know it doesn't really matter - Your blog has and will continue to be one of my favs. :)

sister sheri said...

Love Love Love your refreshing transparency! Guilt-free blogging! Merry Christmas!

Penny said...

You are so fun! Merry Christmas!

Sheryl said...

You go girl. I can relate, I have been blogging for a couple of months and when I saw 2 people following and acted like a giddy school girl. Then I felt bad because it was only 2. I have since found out that others do read it from time to time, they just don't leave comments or put their face on one of my buttons. I have gotten over that, if they want to follow GREAT, if not I am still doing what I feel God has told me to do and that is start my blog WE ARE NEVER ALONG. I hope that my writings, as armature as they are, can help someone in a time of need.

God Bless......

Sheryl said...

ok, i just left a comment and poof! so...i did not know that you were so popular and that i should be following you. i will make sure to add my square face to your followers. thanks for stopping by and for your comments. i am racing back to my blog right now to see if you are following ME. of course i am kidding, this can get a bit ridiculous.

great thoughts you shared here!!

Emmy said...

There's something to be said for loyalty. Hugs! And thanks for following!

Beck said...

I love people who very kindly choose to follow my blog - thank you very much! - but right now, I'm choosing not to "follow" any blogs because I'm worried about inadvertently hurting people's feelings my leaving them off, you know?
But also know that I appreciate it.

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

Good thoughts on this subject. When I got my feelings hurt that one time it was also an evening when I was a little emotional and when I had time to reflect I realized that everyone gets to have control over their own blog! I still read her and think she's a funny gal so overall it wasn't too bad!

Gretchen said...

You're the cutest thing. ANd I mean that in the most respectful, not condescending manner. How awesome you are to think of our feelers. BTW, we call them hurt feelers at our house, in case you thought that was a typo. xxxooo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...