Emily, whom I have never met but would have no qualms nominating for "Sweetest Person of the Year" (if there was such a thing), is hosting a special edition of MckMama's Monday meme, "Not Me!" Monday. What makes this edition so special is that it is to be done "Stellan Style." No, I do not mean with gurgles, goos, and gahs. You are to list all the things you did last week that relate to Stellan...and in NMM fashion, write them as if you didn't do them.
I am not a regular participant of NMM, but for Stellan, I couldn't refuse. There is so much I wish I could do for this precious family, but in reality, cannot. Knowing that having many people participate in this meme could bring some joy to MckMama's aching heart makes me feel as though I am helping in some small way.
So, who did the things below? Not Me!
- I *did not* use four tissues to wipe my eyes and nose while reading about Stellan's heart being in a dangerous SVT state. No, not me.
- I *did not* slam my hand down on my desk and silently cry out, "Why can't babies be off limits? No, not me.
- After the hand slamming that I *did not* do, *I did not* go back to MckMama's blog and read this post that left me feeling convicted. No, not me.
- I *did not* burst into tears after reading the above-referenced post and ask God to forgive my angry tirade. No, not me.
- I *did not* snip at my five-year-old daughter for interupting me while I was trying to send out prayer requests about Stellan, and then immediately realize the irony and grab her, hold her tight, and tell her how much I loved and adored her. No, not me.
- I *did not* spend 95 % of my self alloted social networking time (1 hour a day until April 11)checking twitter, facebook, and blogs to get reports about Stellan. No, not me.
- I *did not* rack my brain to try to come up with an orignal idea to write Stellan's name for the gallery and come up dry. No, not me.
- My 5-year-old daughter, Pumpkindoodle, and I *did not* get on our knees together each day, clutch hands, and ask Jesus to heal the "sweet, sweet baby boy with a sick heart." No, not me.
Smile. Sigh. Oh. Yes. I. Did.