Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hello Again

Let me start out by stating that it does not take much for me to get a song stuck in my head. Before I wrote the a-i-n of "Again" I began channeling Neil Diamond...and now I cannot stop singing the words "Hello, my friend, Hello..." But it is sort of appropriate.

See what missing two months of blogging has done to me? I now digress while writing the first sentence of a post. I have a point for posting tonight...I promise.

As many of you know, this past year has been a whirlwind of sorts. In fact, I did some double checking down memory lane and realized that each year of the past decade came with at least one major life stressor for my family - job loss, death, relocations, new job adjustments, births, PPMD, more job loss, more relocation, etc. Some years contained multiple issues...some just one.

Last December, we learned that The Professor's job with the college would end in May. It had looked like a move would be inevitable.  Then after months of him job searching, The Professor and I decided that it would be best for me to go on a job hunt as well. We were looking mostly for jobs in the DC area, but wanted to stay put, so I looked locally as well.

Honestly, I did not hold much hope for either one of us finding a job in our area of Ohio. Especially in my field of Public Relations. But the unexpected happened...I found a job. And with a bank of all places. I don't even have to tell you that the fact alone that a financial institution hiring a PR professional during a RECESSION makes me feel as if this opportunity was much more than coincidence.

The Professor, whom I am going to have to rename in this blog since he no longer teaches, and I have swapped roles. I work in an office from 8 to 5, while he works here at home raising our three-year-old son and six-year-old daughter. His job is harder than mine. And I'm not just saying that. It is.

The transition from "stay-at-home mom" to working-full-time-outside-the- home-mom" has not been easy for the entire family, but in all honesty I must admit that I think I have been transitioning quite well.  I'm being paid to communicate. I also work with a team of amazing professionals who are as warm and caring as they are brilliant. And I know that while I am at the office, my children are being loved and cared for by the only person who loves them as much as I love them.

I hope to not stay away from here so long though...because I have missed all of you very much. And I've missed writing for me. I've missed writing for Jesus. I've missed writing about all that God has been teaching me.

And I'm going to end this post unusually...I'm ending without an ending...because I just cannot think of one, but know that I need to hit publish. Ohhh, I know...I'll end with some Diamond. Why not?






7 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Glad you are back!

Angela Nazworth said...

Hey MaryBeth! I have missed you and your four girls! :-) I need to catch up. However, I find it funny that you would welcome me back after the lamest post of all time. ;-)

Dawning Inspiration said...

So nice to see you again - congratulations on your job... pray it all goes well for you and your family...

Vixbil said...

Welcome back and fantastic on all the changes for your family. Transitions are always hard but it sounds like it is going so well.
xx

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Happy to visit with you again!

Angela Nazworth said...

Greetings sweet Stacey Dawn, Vixbil and LDH. Thank you for your kind words. It is nice to be back.

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Angela,

Catching up on some oldies but goodies...and had to come by your place. Congrats on your new job. I know what a transition that can be. I went from full time working mom to stay at home mom to part time working mom. I know the Lord has you there for His purpose. He is up to something. What a blessing that you walked through the door He opened.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...