First off, I ask that you forgive my lackluster blogging efforts this week. One reason for such few posts is that I have been asked to write a weekly devotion for another Web site (I'll disclose which one in a week or two). Receiving this request both honored and humbled me. I know that I cannot write devotions without first spending serious time in God's word and quietly listening for His voice. If He isn't guiding my heart and my hands, I have no business writing.
Currently, for Becoming Me, I am working on part 3 of my PPD series and a piece about a time in my life when I was a fake without knowing it.
Along the lines of the devotions, I'd love to have your input as well. If you have the time to comment or e-mail me some feedback, I'll be most grateful. Here are a few questions, but please don't feel obligated to answer all or any of them.
1) Would you be more inclined to read a devotional series or have a different topic covered each week? By devotional series I mean that each week I would write a short devotion on a certain topic (such as anger, perfectionism, identity in Christ, spiritual growth, etc). You wouldn't need to read them all to understand the next one in the series. I think that each series would contain 3-5 devotions.
2) What topics would you like me to cover?
3) What type of format do you prefer?
4) Would you prefer a long, in-depth devotion each week or short ones that leave room for thought and study on your own?
5) Why do you read Becoming Me?
6) Anything else you'd like to add?
Thank you for your time. Blessings to all,