Sunday, October 4, 2009

Giving Up on Perfect-Blog of the Week

This week's highlighted blog is Giving Up On Perfect written by Mary, a mom of a two-year-old daughter and a woman who now knows that the quest for perfection is futile this side of heaven. Mary's posts speak right to my recovering people pleasing heart...I am blessed when I read her stories about how she is relying Jesus and not on aspirations of being superwoman.

Here is my short interview with Mary.

How long have you been blogging?
I started blogging in April 2008.


Why did you start blogging?
I started partly because I was bored and lonely (my husband works evenings, and with a newborn, I was pretty much trapped in the house after work). I also love to write and share my opinions, and blogging seemed like a good way to do both.


What motivates you to continue blogging?
My writing continues to improve and I actually learn a lot about myself through blogging. But the best part is the people.


Does you blog have a mission statement? If so, what is it?
I don’t really have a mission statement for my blog. I should; I know I should. Perhaps I should just say my lack of one is all part of my attempt to give up on perfect?


What is your favorite verse from the Bible?
One of my favorite passages of Scripture is Lamentations 3, especially verses 22-23: "Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...